学生 who desire to take college credit classes (concurrent enrollment) during their high school 一年s have the opportunity to do so through their local colleges.
- During the summer between 10th 和 11th grade 一年s - may earn up to 9 college credit hours.
- During the summer between 11th 和 12th grade 一年s - may earn up to 9 college credit hours.
- During their 12th grade 一年s, if they qualify, may take 4 college credit hours per semester.
Juniors must have completed the following by the end of their junior 一年 if considering concurrent enrollment their senior 一年 during school:
- One full 一年 (two semesters) of fine arts credits in 9th-11th grade 一年s: art classes, 演讲, 摄影, 乐队, 音乐类
- Three 一年s of math: Algebra I 和 above (9th-11th grades) i.e.:代数一、几何、代数二
老年人必须满足以下CCS标准, 和 the criteria specified by the college of their choice. 学生 may only attend college classes offered after 12:10pm daily.
- Be enrolled in a minimum of 5 hours 在CCS (1st - 5th hour). Days which students are not in classes at the college could be used to complete school work.
- 可能只参加课程 没有提供 在CCS. (English, history, 和 math may not be replaced through concurrent enrollment.)
- Be required to take a math 和/or science course 在CCS regardless of number of math/science credits as a senior unless a student has taken all courses offered in a field 在CCS.
- 他被要求修数学 和 他们大三的科学课程.
- 4 一年s of high school math (if 4 一年s of science taken, then math may be 3 一年s)
- 4 一年s of high school science (if 4 一年s of math taken, then science may be 3 一年s)
- Completed economics with financial planning 和 a full 一年 fine arts credit (see above)
- Meet all requirements for graduation set by state law.
- 学生 doing concurrent enrollment will not be allowed to serve as a class officer.
- 高年级学生必须保持累计3分.0 GPA in their classes 在CCS in order to qualify 和 continue as a concurrent enrollment student. 每学期结束时将检查GPA.
- 作为同时入学的学生, any changes must be made no later than two weeks into the course - such as withdrawal or change in class - regardless of the drop date set by the college.
- 并发招生 不包括零级课程.
- Concurrent college courses will be included on the CCS high school transcript. 成绩 不包括在内 在学生的高中GPA中. 这不是学生的自由裁量权.
*A waiver must be signed allowing the high school advisor to check the student's college course GPA.
如果一个学生低于2分.同时入学课程的平均绩点为0, they will not be allowed to take any further concurrent enrollment courses. (This ruling comes from the State Board of Oklahoma 和 the colleges.)
学生 may not take any 8-week course, at any college, during the school 一年. Doing so would put them over the maximum number of hours (19) allowed by the State Regents.
学生 may also take concurrent classes during the school 一年 at OCCC, 俄勒冈州立大学/俄, 上升状态, 中美洲基督教大学, 俄克拉荷马大学, 奥罗罗伯茨大学, 或俄克拉荷马州立大学(仅限在线).), as long as it is a 16-week course 和 will work with the student's schedule.
学生 will not be allowed to leave CCS during the day 和 return to do a concurrent class during the first five hours of the day. 例如, if a student only had 3rd hour 和 7th hour to do concurrent classes, 他们是不被允许的, to leave during 3rd hour 和 return for 4th - 6th hours. We do not have space available for students to do concurrent clases during the day.
CCS provides a policy that allows students to choose concurrent enrollment during the last 一年 of high school, 然而:
1. CCS believes that students should exhaust the full benefits of the high school program, 学术上和社会上, 在踏上大学校园之前.
2. CCS believes that students benefit by remaining as full-time high school students until graduation.
3. CCS believes the last 一年 of high school is critical to solidify faith, 培养情绪平衡, 促进个人成熟.
奥罗罗伯茨大学 does have a concurrent enrollment program for students in 9th - 12th grades, 在摄政王的管辖范围之外. The State Regents restricts students to the 19 credit hours per semester, so for CCS students that can only do concurrent in the summer time or during their senior 一年 after taking the first five hours 在CCS. For more information on this program, please contact 凯蒂Hesser说道 优势项目经理 email@example.com 优势.oru.edu
The ORU Advantage Program is now in the process of enrolling students for Fall 2023 和 we’d be honored to have the opportunity to partner with you!
The Advantage Program offers high school students, grades 9-12, an opportunity to:
- Earn both high school 和 college credit through online courses taught with a Holy Spirit-empowered, 基督教世界观
- 从中选择 30门在线课程
- Fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission
- Transferable to other universities 和 institutions nationwide
- $60/credit hour (with an additional $70 digital text book fee per course)
- 15 weeks long, taught 和 developed by ORU faculty
- Communicating with you in the event a student begins to underperform
- Providing high school facilitators access to students’ work in our online learning management platform (D2L)
- Providing the opportunity for a qualified member of your current faculty to teach our course on-site*